To mark the end of Catarina Dutilh Novaes’ VENI-project on formal languages and
the new appointment of Julian Kiverstein at the philosophy department of the
University of Amsterdam, a workshop on extended cognition will take place in
Amsterdam on June 27th--28th (afternoon on the 27th, whole day on the 28th), in
the Oudemanhuispoort building of the university. The focus will be on
conceptions of extended cognition in the spirit of ‘second-wave EM’ (Sutton) or
‘cognitive integration’ (Menary).
* Richard Menary (Wollongong), TBA
* Julian Kiverstein (Edinburgh/Amsterdam), TBA
* Helen de Cruz (Leuven), "Extended cognition in mathematical practice: The
case of Chinese algebra"
* John Protevi (LSU), "Extended Cognition, extended responsibility: cyborgs in
* Catarina Dutilh Novaes (Amsterdam), "Formal languages in logic and extended
* Bryce Huebner (Georgetown), "Responsibility for socially scaffolded minds"
* Joel Krueger (Copenhagen), "Extended cognition and shared emotions"
* Erik Myin (Antwerp), "Bound by parity?"
* Jurgis Skilters et al. (Latvia), "Extended selves in distributed social
* Mirko Farina (Edinburg), "Finding my Mind: a Case for Extended Cognition"
REGISTRATION: The workshop is open to all, but please register by sending an
email to cdutilhnovaes [youknowwhat] yahoo.com no later than June 13th (a small
registration fee of EUR 10 will be charged on the spot to cover for catering).
For further inquiries, contact Catarina Dutilh Novaes at cdutilhnovaes