Saturday, July 24, 2010

Shapiro's New Book: Embodied Cognition

You can now pre-order it here from Amazon or here from Amazon.uk.  Do it.  Do it now.


Congrats, Larry!  The cover is very cool.

I read (and commented on) the original manuscript.  It's a great read that provides more than a recitation of the familiar embodied cognition memes.  It takes much of this standard material and challenges the reader to think more critically about what is being claimed.  I think that it is much more than just a book for students.

Oh, and I have a cover blurb for the book.  The truncated version of my comments that they published may seem a little over the top, but it really is a must have book.  They didn't like the first draft of my comments:
Embodied Cognition is Shapiro acting out his firmest belief, " I don't have anything to say ...  That's not going to stop me! "  The many philosophical pratfalls and missteps in this book show why those who know Shapiro best think of him as the Jerry Lewis of academic philosophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment