Saturday, July 10, 2010

Special Issue of Cognitive Systems Research on Extended Cognition

Leslie Marsh reports that (the uncorrected proofs of) these papers are now available here.  (I just finished and submitted my proofs yesterday.)  Leslie has a nice mix of papers from some of the usual suspects, like Adams, Aizawa, and Rupert, but also some new takes on the subject from some younger philosophers, such as Matt Barker, Zoe Drayson, Nivedita Gangopadhyay, and Georg Theiner.

Barker here and Sprevak (in a paper forthcoming in Studies in History and Philosophy of Science) both take a look at the philosophy of science of locating cognition.  That's a twist on the debate I never saw coming.

Thanks for all your hard work in organizing this, Leslie! 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind words Ken.
    On a practical level the participants made it easy. On a substantive level, I learnt a great deal -- which of course is what it's all about. A special thanks to you for taking on additional work.

    Cheers,

    Leslie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently moved to posting on just week days, thinking I don't have enough to comment on every now. Now, I've got a lot of reading to do in Menary's book and now this CSR volume. Thanks for helping keep me in business, Leslie!

    best wishes,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the mention, Ken - I agree that Leslie's done a great job with this special issue. I'm really looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Zoe,

    Glad you stopped by. I look forward to reading your paper. I'm sure it will make EC more interesting.

    best wishes,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete